Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nightmare

I saw your sweet face clearly in the night. It was a dark room, but I saw your pale skin illuminated in the moonlight. I thought I was standing in a corner. Your eyes - sparkling blue, and playful as always - locked with mine and you walked directly towards me. Something wasn't right.

You told me you wanted to be reconciled as your hand caressed my face. You gently took my hand and moved it to your own cheek. We were meant to be together and you had come back for me. The words "I'm sorry" formed on your lips, but they never came out of your mouth. Something wasn't right.

You told me everything would be alright as you moved your mouth closer to mine. I took a step backwards and discovered the wall. You held me in the corner, and you told me you wanted my soul. Something wasn't right.

I tried hard to think what had ripped us apart before and how I managed without you. Somehow I managed to remember that happiness with you was only a dream. Reality with you was living a nightmare.

Get back from me, incubus, you can't have my soul!

I threw off your ghost with ease and watched it wither instead of flee. I opened my eyes and sat up in bed. Was that only a nightmare?

No comments:

Post a Comment